Cowboy Caviar Recipe We’ve Tried It – Not only have we tried it, we keep making it over and over! This highly addicting recipe can be paired with your dinner entree, on a sandwich or salad for lunch, over an omelet for breakfast and my personal favorite – with chips and cheese. Simply delicious!
Cowboy Caviar Recipe We’ve Tried It
- Black beans – 1 15 oz can, rinse and drain
- Black-eyed peas – 1 15oz can, rinse and drain
- 3 roma tomatos, remove seeds and dice
- Sweet Corn 1 cup, I prefer super sweet frozen corn thawed
- 1 large red bell pepper, washed and diced
- 1 small/medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chop finely
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice from one Lime
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
In a medium size bowl dump in sweet corn, black beans and black-eyed peas. Be sure you have drained and rinsed beans first. Then chop your cilantro, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, roma tomatoes and add to your bowl.
For the dressing you can mix it up in a separate bowl and mix well before pouring over your cowboy caviar. I personally don’t like to dirty too many dishes so I just add all the ingredients right into my main bowl and then mix throughly. Either way works!
The main ingredients for your dressing are olive oil and white wine vinegar. It is completely up to you what else you add. We like to add fresh lime juice, a little bit of sugar, salt and some minced garlic.
We hope you enjoy this recipe. Please be sure to share with your friends! Check back to see what we cook up next.