Specialty Meats and Gourmet Cheese Tasting Review: We have done a few stories and videos in the past featuring Specialty Meats & Gourmet in Hudson, WI and felt like it was time to visit our friends again. This time we talked them into coming to us and bringing along a variety of gourmet chesses for us to try.
Co-owner Steve Loppnow knows his stuff when it comes to exotic meats and artisan cheese. WOW! The video is 30 minutes long but with Steve’s knowledge and Trevor’s facial expressions it’s worth watching.
List of cheeses in the order that we tried them and photos of the products that Steve paired with the cheese:
- Menage – Cow, goat and sheep milk. Made in Carr Valley LaValle, WI.
- Pear Mascerated Blue Cheese – Made at the Rogue Creamery in Oregon.
- Roth Kase Buttermilk Blue Cheese – Made in Monroe, WI
- Vat 17 – Aged Cheddar made in Sheboygan , WI.
- Prairie Rose – Alpine Style Cheese made in Milton, IA.
- Mango Ginger Stilton – Made in Westby, England.
- Horseradish Havarti – Made in Monroe, WI.
- 6 year Tilsit – Made in Ceneter City, MN.
- Brick “Aged” Theresa – Made in Widmer, WI.
- Chechil – Smoked braided cheese.
- Smoked Goada – Made in Thorpe, WI.
- Nut Brown Ale Caerphilly – Made in Stratford, WI.
- Bellayitano Espresso – Made in Plymouth, WI.
- Gjetost – Made in Norway.
If you are near Hudson, WI be sure to stop by Specialty Meats & Gourmet, 1810 Webster Street #8 (Across from Hudson Mills Fleet Farm) Hudson, WI 54016. You can also order online at Smgfoods.com.