How to Remove Gel Nail Polish at Home: Gel nail polish looks great when you go in and get it done at the salon. And yes, it does last longer than regular polish. The problem for me is that you have to go back into the salon to get it taken off.
As you can see in the photo above, I am not the best when it comes to nail upkeep. I simply do not have the time or for that matter care about perfect nails. I figured that there has to be an easier way.
Pinterest is my go to for DIY quick fixes and I came across this method to remove gel nail polish and it worked perfect!
1. Soak cotton ball with pure acetone polish remover.
2. Place cotton ball directly over the gel nail polish.
3. Cover with tinfoil and let sit for 20 minutes.
4. Lightly scrap off the polish.
5. Buff, clip and shape your nails. I rubbed my nails down with Vitamin E oil just to get some shine back in them.
It really is that easy! Here is another great post: At Home Remedies to Heal Dry Cracked Feet. If you have any great DIY health and beauty tips, leave us a comment below.