Home remedies for mosquito bite itch relief – There is nothing worse than being covered in bug bites and you can’t stop the itching.
We did a little digging and came up with a list of all natural itch relief aids and our guess is that you may have most of these items in your home already!
We personally have not tried each of these remedies out, but hey it’s worth a shot. They are in no particular order so be sure to read them all.
First things first! Right when you realize that you have been bitten clean the bite area with rubbing alcohol, alcohol wipes, or plain water.
1. Honey – Use raw honey and just put a small amount on the bite to take the itch away.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar is recommended; dilute two or three cups in a bathtub of warm water to treat all-over bites, or put a few drops on cotton and wiping an individual bite.
3. Tea Tree Oil acts as an anti-inflammatory so it combats itching, swelling and pain.
4. Ice – Apply a cold ice pack to the bite. Ice numbs the nerves that conduct itching and pain so you don’t feel either.
5. Aloe Vera is very good for itching and swelling and can be very soothing.
6. 9 Volt Battery – For spider, bee, wasp, and ant bites, take a 9-voltbattery, and wet the bitten area a little bit. Put battery to the bitten area, and it will stop the action of poison and stop the hurt.
7. Preparation H it takes care of swelling and itching.
8. X Marks the Spot – Putting an X in the middle of the bite with your fingernails. This causes some pain which in-turn distracts you from the itch.
9. Apply a blend of essential oils of eucalyptus, winter green and peppermint or tea tree oil to bites every 2 to 3 hours to relieve itching and aid healing.
10. Tea bags: Natural tannins in tea act as an astringent, drawing toxins out of the skin and helping to lessen your discomfort. Press a used tea bag against your bites until the itching has subsided.
11. Toothpaste – Just a dab of toothpaste can help relieve itching of bites. It has anti-inflammatory properties, and ingredients like baking soda and menthol help to relieve the irritation.
12. Deodorant – Rub some underarm deodorant on the bite area.Try to use a non-scented deodorant if possible.
We would love to know what you use to take care of the horrible itch that comes with bug bites. Leave us a comment below.
We would love if you would share this with your friends on Pinterest, Twitter or Facebook.